Important Message From The Board Of Referees
We, the Board of Referees, are an independent, impartial tribunal consisting of three members from the community.
We are trained to provide fair hearings and are knowledgeable in the Employment Insurance legislation.
Our role is to conduct the hearing and make a decision on your appeal, based on the facts and applicable law.
Our Commitment To You
- We will come to the hearing with an open mind.
- We will have received and read a copy of the same appeal docket that was sent to you.
- We will give you an opportunity to provide additional information and to explain your case.
- We will treat you fairly and with courtesy.
- We will make the hearing as informal as possible.
- We will make an impartial well-reasoned decision and communicate it to you in writing within a few days of your hearing.