Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, please contact us to request an alternate format.
The legislation and jurisprudence at a glance
- What are the questions to ask yourself when considering an Employment Insurance issue for which a decision is taken?
- What are the legal references for a given issue?
- What legal test applies?
- With whom does the onus of proof rest?
- What is the key case law pertaining to the issue in question?
You will find the answer to these questions by selecting the issue that interests you from the
drop down menu below. For the latest updates to the jurisprudence, visit What's New?.
- What's New
- Board of Referees Jurisdiction
- Availability for Work
- Claim Procedure
- Delayed Appeal to the Board of Referees
- Labour Disputes
- Out of Canada
- Penalties and Violations
- Qualifying Conditions
- Rate of Weekly Benefits
- Reconsideration of Claim
- Refusal of Employment
- Special Benefits
- Special Benefits/Compassionate Care
- Special Benefits/Maternity
- Special Benefits/Parental
- Special Benefits/Sickness
- Undeclared Earnings
- Week of Unemployment
- Voluntary Leaving