The legislation and jurisprudence at a glance
- What are the questions to ask yourself when considering an Employment Insurance issue for which a decision is taken?
- What are the legal references for a given issue?
- What legal test applies?
- With whom does the onus of proof rest?
- What is the key case law pertaining to the issue in question?
You will find the answer to these questions by selecting the issue that interests you from the
drop down menu below. For the latest updates to the jurisprudence, visit What's New?.
- What's New
- Board of Referees Jurisdiction
- Availability for Work
- Claim Procedure
- Delayed Appeal to the Board of Referees
- Labour Disputes
- Out of Canada
- Penalties and Violations
- Qualifying Conditions
- Rate of Weekly Benefits
- Reconsideration of Claim
- Refusal of Employment
- Special Benefits
- Special Benefits/Compassionate Care
- Special Benefits/Maternity
- Special Benefits/Parental
- Special Benefits/Sickness
- Undeclared Earnings
- Week of Unemployment
- Voluntary Leaving